Sunday, May 4, 2008

Artwork 2

"Delaware", Seda Farm Scenes 2007
"Mary", MacDonald Portrait 2007

These two pieces were created for people I love. I have the utmost respect for these two women and will forever cherish their friendships. The first pastel scenes are of farms in Delaware. If you haven't had a chance to go to Delaware I would definately recommend it. It's just lush with landscape material.
The second pastel is of my dear friend's mother Mary. Mary was diagnosed with cancer around Thanksgiving and passed away at the end of January in 2007. She is such a poised and elegant woman on the photo despite the chemotherapy treatments. I felt the most beautiful peace whenever I worked on this piece. To date it is my fastest work 45 days and my largest too. I feel such joy whenever I think of the time working on this piece. I went through some real personal trials while working on this and I am grateful I had Mary's portrait to release those heavy emotions into.

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

Stace - I knew you were talented but to see all your stuff at once makes it all the more incredible. You really have been born with a gift! I hope you never stop using it!