Sunday, May 4, 2008

Artwork

2004 Study of "Mission Cloisters, San Juan Capistrano" by Alson Clark(1876-1949)

Katelyn-2006


Remembering the Great Things of God-2008

These pieces are all part of my private collection. The first is my first pastel study, the second is of my oldest daughter, and the third of my husband and daughter. The last piece is for an international juried art exhibit for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I need it to be completed by October for the deadline (yikes because I started last July!). It really would be an honor to have it in the show but if not...it's wonderful to try anyway.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are so beautiful! I especially love the ones from your private collection, you truly have a gift. I've always wished I could paint, but I can't so I'll just enjoy looking yours.

Melinda said...

So impressive. Also impressive that you are continuing to work on your art when you are so busy! Thanks for sharing.

Erin Ropelato said...

Hi Stacey,
Great work, I think your best work are the ones that most people have the hardest time with. Faces are hard to do, but I think you know how to capture the importance of the EYES. I especialy like the "Robert E Lee", his face is great. I also like the "Mission Cloisters" probabaly beacause being color blind I like contrasting things, I liked the vertical vs horizontal lines in the picture and the contrast in the frame and mat, but yet the vines or flowers that are around the column hold it together.
Keep up the great work.
Scott