Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pre-Maryland Art 1

Drawing Class-Fall 2002







These 4 shots (above) are of a piece for Drawing Class. This focus was titled nontraditional art. So here is my nontraditional utencil-cut paper silhouette and bouncy ball painted white. I enlisted my uncle's help and we welded the stand for my "world". At the time I was working part-time as a substitute teacher, I had been married for 3 months, ran my first 5K, and been sealed in the SLC Temple.


3D Design Spring 2003 2003 -"Yoga Lady"

This was for my 3D design class. The goal was to take 3 shapes and integrate them into one. If you squint when you look at it you might be able to see where I was going with this. This is the backside of a woman with her hair blowing to the left shoulder. She is in a sort of squating position with her arms in front of her torso... perhaps it's a stretch but remember I had a week and a half to do it and it started out as a leftover supporting beam from a house. It wasn't intended to be an anchor but I got a lot of those comments during class critique. Ah well.

No comments: